Product Review websites are plentiful on the internet, but they’re far from all being equal in regard to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites seem to be unbiased at first glance, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can earn money via affiliate links.
Here are some methods to assess when a site and its owner(s) are only inside it for the investment, or maybe they offer honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented reviews:
1. Who Runs the web page? A real review website will have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the site (and oftentimes why they started it.) A lot of sites that boast of being ‘product review’ sites are really run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, when in fact their sole intent is to only recommend every product they talk about.
2. Do the Reviewers or Site Owners Buy The Products Themselves? This is a critical factor for review integrity. The same as scientific studies, there exists a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of any product if the reviewer failed to pay for it himself. The reality that a reviewer will pay for the product(s) her or himself speaks volumes regarding their impartiality and capability to remain objective over the course of the review.
3. Does the web site Review a multitude of Products or Just One? A website that reviews many different products is more likely to be neutral as well as a true review website compared to a site where only a single product is reviewed. Why would someone go to the trouble of building a web site for only one product then provide a negative review? Needless to say the review is going to be positive (although occasionally they might throw in a negative comment or two to provide the appearance of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are well-liked by affiliates because the search engines give strong weight to using keywords inside the website name (url title.) In case the item being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then employing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will often give that site an increased position in the major search engines.
4. Perform the Reviewers Have Only Positive Things to Say about the Products They Review? A totally neutral product review site may have both negative and positive reviews. If each of the reviews on a site are glowing, and every product is endorsed, then there’s a good bet that the reviewer is serving their own interests rather than the ones from the customer.
5. Does the Review Headline Utilize the Word ‘Scam’? This is a classic tactic used by many unscrupulous reviewers to use keywords within the title or even give the appearance of shoring in the trust factor. A sample headline might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a gimmick?” – because it utilizes the keyword phrase in the title, in addition to that phrase will mirror what individuals enter in the search box when they have questions regarding a product or service.
These are just several key factors to look for when assessing the integrity of the product review site. Remember that honest product review sites do exist. Being a a consumer, you need to evaluate a site’s integrity before you decide to trust its reviews.
By creating review websites, you are branding yourself as an expert. Readers follows your recommendations and click on your own suggested links to go to a particular site for additional information. When they do, their cookie will be tracked returning to your recommendation. You’ll get yourself a commission should they buy. Your expertise is much more assured if you have had personal knowledge about the merchandise and will mention some of its chief benefits and features in your review.
On your consumer product review sites, you can even add an author’s resource section if you like. It is far from necessary, but it will add to your credibility. The better relevant your experience for the niche, the greater it can enhance ejyyqi status as being an expert. Reviewing certain services or products tells the reader that you are searching for interests by getting considered the organization for them. You might have checked it all out for them. You may have done the homework.
Newspapers and magazines have cinema or restaurant reviews, so establishing yourself being a reviewer of numerous websites associated with your sector is a concept which is not too alien for most people to feel relaxed with. As an online reviewer of online products or services is an easily acceptable strategy.